Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Adding a dress to my daughter's collection!

I have sewn a dress for my daughter in 15 minutes. How did I? I made some changes to an unused undervest. Instead of having the undervest lying around, I dressed my cute daughter. As it is too easy to turn this kind of clothes item into a dress, I have searched for some other clothes that are old-fashioned or unused and found some. Never mind. Let me explain how I made this pretty dress with an easy-to-follow tutorial.


First, put your daughter's dress on the unfolded undervest with its front side facing the dress and draw the armholes on the undervest using a chalk. Next, sew along the line on the undervest and cut out the rest of the undervest leaving seam.



Finally, decorate the dress with some brigth-colored buttons and beads. That's it now! It was easy.



The summer is comig. You may buy a dress for your daughter, but adding the one that you made yourself to your daughter's dress collection will definitely make your daughter shine up.



Happy sew!

2 comments: